Thursday, February 9, 2012

things that can define an era...part 1

What do this...


and this....

have in common?

Ever had a song, a TV show, a movie, or any other type of media that defines an era of your life? I think it can be really interesting what songs/albums and other things that anytime you see them, you immediately go back to that time? The Waltons and the Catch and Release soundtrack defined my life this past July and August. It was when I was going through the worst of my crazy emotions, including being depressed and anxious. They both seemed so perfect for different reasons. The Waltons gave me something to focus on and distract me from the madness. It is nice to have problems that are solved in an hour. Although I'm still processing, my problems took slightly longer to deal with than an hour. I don't blame the Waltons for that though. And then there is the Catch and Release soundtrack. Every track did not relate to me, but the emotions behind a good majority of the songs I could absolutely relate to.

So what are your songs, or albums, or TV shows that define an era?

No comments:

Post a Comment